Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 14, 2010: 11 Challenges in One Card!

Pin It Now!

I thought it would be great fun to see how many challenges I could possibly fit onto a single card. I think I did well – I’m entering this card in 11 different challenges! I couldn’t believe how many different challenges I could find that matched the image already in my head.

I started with CASE Studies; I loved the way that the original card came together, and I was excited to use the basic layout as a sketch. I flipped the image on the side to accommodate my landscape stamp, and I skipped the oversized bow in the interest of mailing.

2. Paired with the CASE studies card, the challenge on Create with Connie and Mary seemed perfect – use black, vanilla and Kraft to make a card. I love this color combo; so rich and elegant.

3. 365 Cards challenge this week was to use a stamped image with three colors of ink, and I thought that sounded like great fun. Unfortunately, my attempt did not come through in the photos that well, but the house image (Stampin Up To You and Yours) is stamped in three different colors of brown. Extra credit for the black sponging on the edges of the focal image. :)

4. AUD Sentiments challenge was to make a “thank you” card. I needed this card to be a thank you card, and I thought it was also kind of a double whammy since home IS what I am thankful for!

5. Moving right along, CCEE Stamper’s challenged us to use a store bought flower – as soon as I saw Create with Connie and Mary’s color scheme, I had hauled out a brown daisy that I thought would be lovely with the color combo. How perfect was that!?! I also like that it make this card look more like what I am seeing out the window; an odd mish mash of fall and winter.

6. The challenge this week on Delightful Challenges was to use glitter; I had already intended to glitter the snow of this image, so that was perfect, too!

7. My original plan and the Delightful Challenges challenge made Design Dollies a no brainer – glitter and cold!

8. This one was also a no brainer; Lili of the Valley’s challenge was anything goes.

9. I firmly believe that scrapbooking means you keep every scrap. In order to justify keeping every scrap, you must also use them! The challenge this week at Stamp Insanity was just that – and I did! All three of the top pieces to my card are scraps, as is all the ribbon. I always knew I would have a use for those three 4” pieces of 1/16” vanilla ribbon….

10. Mark’s Finest Papers challenged us to use a snowflake; perfect for this time of year! I toyed with my many snowflake stamps, but ultimately decided to fill this challenge with the embossed snowflake background. I love the rich, yet subtle look.

11. Ten challenges was my goal, and I did that; but an 11th is icing on the cake! Honestly, I am new to Stampin’ B’s; I wasn’t 100% sure what the challenge was, but it did say no rules! I noticed that all the design team’s inspiration cards had houses on them, so that fit perfectly with my original plan. Hope I didn’t miss the boat. :)

So there you have it; one card, 11 challenges. So much fun!


23 comments:

  1. Wonderfully inspired design! Love that great flower! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elin
    A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week,
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful holiday card!! So beautifully done!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the image and embossing. Thanks for glittering it up with Delightful Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice winter card. Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful holiday card and so wintry. it is perfect for the Stampin B's 'home' card. So glad you joined us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the colour challenge - thanks so much for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Would be great for a holiday thank you. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant card :) Thanks for dropping in at the Design Dollies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! This card is the scene outside my window at the moment - lol! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing along with the CASE study blog - I'm really happy to be their sponsor this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the colors on this card! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at 365 Cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Way to multi-challenge! That's impressive!! It's a gorgeous card, too - beautiful work! Thank you so much for sharing your scrappy masterpiece with us at StampInsanity!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so very classy....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful for all these challenges! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining StampInsanity,

    Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful card you came up with putting all of these challenges together! Thanks for joining us this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very lovely, Elin! Thanks for playing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card! I love monochromatic cards and your scene is perfect for that! Thanks for glittering it up with Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card. I love the embossing.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our November monthly drawing going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card - well done for squeezing in all those challenges!

    Thanks for joining in with the fun over at Aud Sentiments

    Rx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...