Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29, 2010: Matchbook Card

Pin It Now! This one is soooo cool! I made this a few days ago as a birthday card for my brother-in-law's fiance. I found the pattern on a very old blog post of Patti's (Creations by Patti - your really should check out her blog! It's one of the best...the link is below on the right under "Blogs I Love.")

Just like the uber-talented Patti, I filled my matchbook with three decorated paperclips. I can't even express how cute this came out. It's one of my current favorite papers, but I've found it hard to use since it is neither blue nor green and doesn't match ANYTHING. There is a faint background diamond pattern that is pink, so I have been pairing it with pink papers and I really like the result.

I used mt Fastenator for the decorative staple to hold the whole thing together, and the band that holds the paperclips is sized just right for my favorite Anna Griffin "A Very happy Birthday" stamp. How perfect is that!?!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...