Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8, 2010: First of my Graphic 45 Projects

Pin It Now! Starting today, I will post each of the projects I did for the Graphic 45 design call. There are ten, so please stay tuned for the remaining projects!

The first is this scrapbook page - I had so much fun with this! I had two precious sheets of this Spirit of St Louis paper from Graphic 45. As I've said before, my daddy is a private pilot, and I grew up around little planes. I've always loved the stories of Amelia Earhart and Charles Lindbergh, so when I saw this paper I was so excited.

I chose to use photos of my brother Jeremiah and my dog, Bayley. This past Christmas, when Jeff and I went to Montana to spend some time with his dad, Bayley couldn't come. I didn't want to kennel her (she was a rescue from an abusive home and can be a little fussy) so I sent her to my parent's house for a few days. The easiest way to get her there was for daddy and my brother to pick her up on the plane. She wasn't terribly thrilled with her private flight, but looked so cute in her furry little pink parka! (Although my brother said her breath in the small cockpit could choke a donkey...)

I put my matted photos on one sheet, then cut the other apart to layer on top with TONS of dimensionals. I also added some additional imagery to round out the page. I was so pleased with how this came out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...