Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1, 2010: "Magic" Card

Pin It Now!

This card is one that it seems everyone is making and posting on their blogs called the "magic" card. All I can say is the magic is in photographing the darn thing! Not great pictures, but I hope you get the idea. The front is clear acetate, which is NOT very camera friendly.

Tami White has a killer video on this card:

http://stampwithtami.com/blog/2010/02/magic/

Essentially, when you pull on the top tab the magic happens. It's really cool to watch how the image suddenly is colored in. :)

Several of you have asked me to start listing my stamp sets. I'll try to remember! :D The main stamp used here is an older retired Stampin' Up violet stamp called "For You." I don't know if this is accurate or not, but I was told that it is one of the original stamps that Stampin Up created for one of their card kits. It's a very unique size and came in its own small plastic case, so this may be true. The "A Very Happy Birthday" is one I'm sure you have already seen a lot, since it is a perennial favorite of mine by Anna Griffin.

I altered Tami's card a bit to add the bottom pull tab with my personal message to the recipient, who is my very best friend - it's her birthday today. Happy Birthday, Jen!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...