Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010: Mother's Day Cherry Blossoms

Pin It Now! More commission cards! I had a lot this year. :) This was a great fun Mother's Day card. I used Rubber Stampede's Cherry Blossom stamp stamped in clear Versamark and heat embossed in clear. I then colored it in with Marvy Brush markers. Some of the lines were really tiny between the embossed edges so I didn't worry about hitting the lines too much. Some of the lines towards the ends of the branches were just a single embossed line, so I went over and beside those. The result was a really interesting watercolor look. For this stamp and colors, I like this so much better than outlining in black Staz-On like I usually do.

The butterflies are tiny (1/4"!) charms that I got on Ebay for another project - there were 100 in the package, so I have a lot left. :) The edging is Martha Stewart's Iron Gate. I thought it would be fun in the vertical configuration so I tried it...it is pretty, but horizontal would probably be less confusing for people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...