Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17, 2010: M*A*S*H

Pin It Now! I'm not quite yet back in the land of the living (I always forget how tough head colds can be, especially in the summer heat!) but I've been promising you some scrapbook pages, so here you go.

This is one of my favorite pages to date. Hubby and I are both huge fans of the old TV show M*A*S*H, so when we discovered that Newport, Oregon's wax works had the whole cast immortalized, we knew we had to go see. It was well worth the trip - although as true aficionados we were a bit disappointed with the halfhearted recreation of the famous still. :)

I collected a bunch of Army scrapbook supplies and a large stack of M*A*S*H trading cards to finish the layout. As a final touch, I added a music chip to the back of the second page with a pull tab. Viewers can pull the tab to hear "Suicide is Painless"...the show's theme song. I love that the chip I found (cannibalized from a Hallmark card) has the sound of the choppers in the background. It really lends an authentic feel as you look at the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...