Friday, August 13, 2010

August 13, 2010: Fly Fishing Card

Pin It Now! I LOVE this card! It's partially CASEd from one I saw on Splitcoaststampers, but I did tweak a few things. The main stamp set is an older one by Stampin Up called Fly Fishing. I also added a little of SU's Fishin' to the collage element to round it out. I love how well the two sets compliment each other. Having a few good stamp sets like these make masculine cards a lot less of a hassle, too.

I used a lot of masking and Staz-On Timber Brown. I really like how the dark brown on the craft looks like it's burnt. Really cool effect. :)

My hubby is my biggest critic (and fan!) and he said this was one of his favorites of all the cards I have made. But then, he also said it did not "look like" a thank you card, which is what I made it for. Still, my customer was very happy with the result, so I think I did OK!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...