Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1, 2010: With Sympathy

Pin It Now! Sympathy cards are always really hard for me - sometimes even harder than masculine cards. You always want to hit the right note - presented in just the right way - to be caring and sympathetic without being maudlin or sappy. It's a tough balance!

I used my brand new Spellbinders to cut the edge off this card. I've used this trick before to make a 7" long card with a 12" long piece of cardstock. Then I used the same die to cut a full shape from Stampin Up's Very Vanilla. Really, I should start buying a lot more VV; I think I use it on every card. :) I've never used the die for sponging before, but I love the effect. I used Stampin Up's Mellow Moss (retired, I think) and it was just the right color. The butterfly is Martha Stewart, the flower is Making Memories and the sentiment is Fiskars.

The clothespin is just to keep the card closed for it's photo op. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...