Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6, 2010: PPA 58 Pretty in Pearls

Pin It Now!
When I saw the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week, I knew it was for me. The inspiration photo is of Audrey Hepburn wearing classic black with pearls and carrying a sheer white stole.

I chose to keep with the black and white color palette because it is so elegant and rich looking, but to keep it pretty and fun I added a few pops of pink. A last minute tough was fraying the ends of the ribbon bow; I didn't want it to look too perfect.

A few weeks back I had noticed a card on Splitcoaststampers done in a color blocking technique with three rectangles on the front; two horizontal and one vertical on the side. Using a similar idea, I chose to make the horizontal rectangles the actual card itself and the the vertical one a decorative panel. I think it makes the card really unique and fun; it also allows me to make a square card (which I love!) and still use a standard rectangle envelope. I know, sneaky sneaky, huh?

So there you have it - PPA58! Wish me luck. :)


2 comments:

  1. Such a unique card!!! I think pink worked so well with the black and white. Thanks for playing @ PPA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! Classy and elegant! Thanks for joining us @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...