Saturday, October 30, 2010

October 30, 2010: OLW 26

Pin It Now! What's black and white and red all over? My craft table, that's what! It's littered with bits of white paper, black inked images and stamps (bonus that stamps also have red rubber on them) and red pens and ink.

The challenge this week for One Layer Wednesday 26 is to make a clean and simple one layer card that is black, white and red. I had just snagged this amazing stamp set at a stamp sale that I was dying to test out. Although it's 10 years old, I don't think it had seen much use and appeared a little on the neglected side. It's called "Letters from Friends" by Stampin Up.

I stamped several of the images from the set in black then added the sentiment in red. Apparently, I don't have a red ink pad (amazing the things you learn) so I experimented with several brush pens before I found one I liked.

My table is so littered because I had a blooper. I was merrily creating a beautiful embossed black, white and red card when it struck me that it was not, by any stretch of the imagination, a one layer card (more like three). I don't know why it took me so long to realize it! Still, it's a lovely card and I'll post it tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is very elegant. I love the pen stamp - but I have a thing for fountain pens. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...