Thursday, November 25, 2010

November 25, 2010: Thanksgiving

Pin It Now!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are spending today with family - no matter how stressful they may be - and enjoying the important things in life that we are thankful for. :) God's love, family, rewarding job in this economy, nearing a Master's degree, SUPER supportive hubby and my crafting fun top my list this year.

I've been plowing through Christmas projects and combined with the snow outside makes it feel more like Christmas to me than Thanksgiving! Still, I wanted to make sure that I created something autumn-ish for Mom today. She is cooking away (although she claims she only does so every year for the leftovers). :) I've seen these pumpkins several places, but I learned how to do them from Frenchie's blog, so I'd like to credit her. (Plus, there is LOADS of eye candy there; she is great). You should check out her post - It has a lovely pumpkins-making tutorial. I followed her directions exactly except I cut my strips at 6" for the green gourd as opposed to 5". In the future, I think I would add at least one more strip to a 6" pumpkin as the gaps are a little wide. Still, I love the embossing on the green one. And isn't that patterned paper perfect for a warty grey-green gourd? Mom will love them, I know. She still likes my projects. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your compliment and You did a great job with them. Have a great Thanksgiving my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! Love the little pumpkins! We do not have any snow yet in this part of WI but it is cold!

    Wishing you a lovely weekend!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...