Sunday, November 28, 2010

November 28, 2010: Holy Triptych Trifold

Pin It Now! I've always thought that Stampin Up's Holy Triptych (retired) was imminently suited to trifold cards. In this Christmas sample, I wanted the look of a cathedral while still keeping it very, very clean and simple (I know, CAS and cathedrals...not always at home in the same sentence).

Since it was a sample, I also wanted to try something that I had seen recently online; double embossing. Essentially, you just stamp with the Versamark once, then pick up the stamp, shift it slightly, and stamp again. The idea is that you will get a somewhat blurred, double image. I tried it for the angel (I always think of angels as being slightly blurred to our human vision), but I don't think I like the effect very much. It looks more like I made a mistake. :)

In addition to the SU stamp, I used my favorite Christmas stamp "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" from Stampabilities.

On to other news...my starter kit from SU is supposed to arrive tomorrow! I'm so excited. I'm also placing The Big One this afternoon, so I should have that box next week. I'll have lots of new toys to play with!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...