Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 3, 2010: Faux Leather Wallet

Pin It Now! I was asked recently to make a special card for a teenage boy who was just starting driver's ed and liked elk hunting. As soon as I heard the request, I immediately thought of a tutorial I saw recently online about how to make fun foam look like leather. Paired with my favorite elk stamp from Stampin Up's Yukon, I knew I had a winner.

The fun foam is mounted on brown cardstock and I made a two layer inner area just like a real wallet. To make the faux driver's license I just printed the top in blue on my Word program.

The darn think kept popping open, so I hid some magnets between two of the cardstock layers. They are a bit stronger than I had planned, so it closes with a bit of a snap. :) I love magnets. Sometimes Velcro works fine, but other times I like the hide-ability of a magnet.

It turned out so perfect! I find masculine cards intimidating, and teenage masculine even more so. But this one was actually easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...