Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011: Christmas Cardinal Snowglobe

Pin It Now!
Back to the snowglobes! This was also one of my favorites this Christmas. I made it for my brother and his wife; the trees reminded me of my family's Christmas tree hunting expeditions. I was fortunate to grow up first in Alaska and later on 140 acres in North Idaho, so there was always plenty of acreage to hunt for the perfect tree. Although, in Alaska, you have to cut down a very, very tall tree and cut the top off to make a standard Christmas tree. Permafrost and the lack of year round sun ensures that the boughs only grow on the tops. :)

Anyway (what is she rambling on about now?), I used Scenic Season for the trees, and the two step bird punch to make the cardinal. The musical notes is a SU wheel and I used the Scallop Trim corner punch for the front square.

Several people have e-mailed me to ask what I used to stamp on the acetate inside the globes. After some trial and error, I discovered that Staz-On, being a solvent ink, works perfectly; and, frankly, is the only thing that does. For the color I had to use something equally as permanent. I'm sure Copics would work fine, but I used Sharpies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...