Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 22, 2011: Junk Journal

Pin It Now! I'm so excited - today is my first class! Thus far, the weather looks GORGEOUS, which is great because I had a lot of "I'll come if the roads are OK"s. I think the roads are more than OK! I'll post pictures of the projects we make soon. :)

Today I wanted to share this junk journal. I ADORE junk journals; I think they are so neat just sitting about, perhaps next to a phone so you can jot down important little tidbits of information.

When I saw these 7 Gypsies mini book covers with the Eiffel Tower, I thought a junk journal would be the perfect Christmas gift for my office buddy at work.

I collected a mixture of old and new ephemera. The new comes from 7 Gypsies, K & Company and Graphic 45. The old comes from vintage music sheets and an amazing box I got at a church rummage sale a few years ago. It was stuffed with old papers, envelopes, church programs, funeral documents, valentines and papers of all sorts. No one wanted the box because none of the envelopes had stamps anymore, but I didn't care; I wanted the papers! It's such a treasure trove. All the letters are from the late '20s to the early '40s, written to a family in Lewiston, Idaho. I love going through the box; there is carefully lettered valentines from children inquiring about favorite cats, exquisitely written Valentines (all very chaste!) and snippets of what life was like in that era.

These pictures don't show all the pages; some are new scrapbook papers, some just random bits and baubles I had on hand.

I bound the book with dark brown grosgrain ribbons and added some fleur d lis charms on strings for bookmarks.

This just came out so cute! One of these days I'll have to make one for myself. :)
















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...