Pin It Now!
I am so surprised - Debbie Martin of Clever and Cute gave me the Stylish Blogger Award! My very first blog award...I'm just blown away. It's so nice to know my daily blog posts get read. :)
In accepting this award, I am charged with two tasks. First, I must post 8 random things about myself, and I have to pass the award forward to 8 other deserving bloggers.
Eight Things about Me:
1. My husband and I don't have children (we have chosen not to), but we have our little 10 pound Toy Fox Terrier who is fairly convinced she is our child. Additionally, I have my beloved 1967 VW Bug who is also like my child.
2. I work full time and I'm a full time student in University of Idaho's Adult Education Program. I will graduate May 2012 with my Masters!
3. I was a scrapbooker long before I was a stamper or cardmaker...I no longer have the time to scrapbook as much as I want to, but I still live doing it when I can.
4. I'm a closet blog follower...thanks to Google Reader, I follow around 180 blogs. I love it!
5. My biggest constant crafting struggle was always colors; I always bought things that should have matched but never did. It's like the purse you buy because it will match everything, then you get it home and realize it matches nothing. If you use a green embellishment on a project, it's the only green you can use because you won't be able to find paper, ribbon, cardstock, anything to match. It's one of the main reasons I signed on with Stampin' Up!...NO MORE COLOR ISSUES!!!!!!!! Everything matches...and I love that. :)
6. I grew up on a working horse ranch, first in Fairbanks, Alaska then my parents moved the ranch to North Idaho. I was raised in the saddle and showed pleasure horses for many years. I recently lost my last horse, and elderly Norwegian Fjord gelding named Two River's Olaf to a heart condition. It's the first time since I was about 4 years old that I have not owned a horse.
7. My first SU stamp was Lovely as a Tree; I paid an exorbitant sum on Craiglist for it, missing one stamp, because I didn't even know SU existed and I thought it was old and rare. :)
8. My Bachelor's degree is in Justice and Policy studies with an emphasis on inequalities in justice and the behavioral psychology of serial killers. (Now really, if that isn't random I don't know what is?)
And here are the blogs I am passing the Stylish Blogger Award forward to. Each of these bloggers have been instrumental in proving the inspiration for my work, and I am thrilled that I can do a little something for them:
1. Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts - if it wasn't for Dawn, I would be writing this today.
2. Luz Maria Bruna at Luzma's Scrap Place - AMAZINGLY beautiful scrapbook pages. I can't even begin to CASE...I just drool. :)
3. Frenchie at Stamp and Scrap with Frenchie - just an amazing style with great tutorials. Frenchie is so innovative!
4. Becca Feeken at Amazing Paper Grace - another one that I just drool over. :)
5. Michelle Wooderson at Mish Mash - lovely shabby style and I am so impressed with her Etsy empire!
6. Teneale Williams from Sydney Australia - One of my all time favorite card makers, I just love her style!
7. Beatriz Jennings from Iralamija - I just love her shabby style, and how she layers all the elements to make a one of a kind look.
8. Andrea Ewen from EwenStyle - everything she touches is so elegant and beautiful...amazing.
That's it - I certainly could have kept picking! Thanks again for the award, Debbie. :)