Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30, 2011: This is it & Carry Over List!

Pin It Now!
LAST DAY OF THE OCCASIONS MINI CATALOG...I'm so sad. It's been the absolute best!

I've had a lot of interest in my one item for 40% off sale, and my order goes in soon. Let me know if you need anything before it is too late. :)

I had an am amazing opportunity to go to a stamping day with Sharon Skelton of Stampin' Up!. Sharon has been a demo for many years and was an amazing resource as well as a completely delightful person. I took so many photos and left with a ton of samples, so I have a lot to share (I also still have more favors to share from my last class, too - lots of good things coming!).

This card is the one I made for the Sharon's swap. It was so neat to come home with a sample of each person's amazing swap cards. There was a contest, too - which my upline Heather's swap card won easily (to the surprise of no one). :) I wanted to do something simple yet dramatic, and I had one sheet left of the butterfly paper from the First Edition DSP. It's really cool stuff - thinner than standard DSP, comes in a pack of 24 instead of 12 sheets, and each sheet is printed the same on each side. Ordinarily, DSP NEVER gets carried over after a catalog ends, but I'm thrilled to report that this stuff will be. It's really cool - and now I don't have to rip non-acid free pages out of old Reader's Digest books from the thrift store anymore!

I also used the butterfly from Nature Walk, which I love. Another keeper! Stamp sets are NOT carried over after a catalog ends, but I certainly hope to see this one again in the big catalog in July. I hope, I hope. The color scheme is Real Red, Basic Black and Very Vanilla. I also used the largest scallop punch, layered on the 2" circle from the Circles Die and then added the 1 3/4" punch. One of the many things I love about SU - PERFECT layering.

If you placed an online order with me this past month, this was also my thank you card. Thanks for all your kind comments on it - I had so much fun making it. :)

Now that you have read this far, here is the carryover list of products from the mini that will still be available for ordering after today. I'm so happy that the beveled window panes are on the list! Not that I USE them very much, of course...mostly I just hoard them. :)

http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/CarryOver_Occassions_0311_US.PDF

So cool.

AND (oh, oh, oh!!!) SU is starting the May promotion early - so today is the last day that you can COMBINE the April Spring is Blossoming promotion (the flyer is still on on my sidebar) for the free stamp set and paper pack with the May National Scrapbooking Month promotion. I'll have a lot more info later, but here is the PDF:

http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/NatScrapMonth_Flyer_May2011_US.pdf

There is also a list of discounts this month for My Digital Studio printing. I just got MDS, and I can honestly say that it is one of the coolest things since sliced bread. I can't wait to start creating more things with it.

http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/MDS_pricingListChart_0411_US-sale.pdf

Alright, that's it! Long post, I know, but some very cool things happening around here. I'm off today to Spokane (our local "big" town) - HUGE shout out to my mother-in-law Kathy; it's her graduation from college today. We are so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...