Monday, April 4, 2011

March 4, 2011: March One Sheet Wonder Class

Pin It Now! EDITED TO ADD: THIS IS TOMORROW'S POST! I MADE A MISTAKE SO YOU GET IT EARLY. :)

FINALLY here is the start of the posts on the class project for my One Sheet Wonder class last month. :) We made 6 cards with a handmade box - a LOT of project for two hours. :)

I knew when I started designing this that I wanted to use the Cherry Cobbler Seam binding - it's the coolest thing since sliced bread, I think. As I was working with it, I totally fell in love with the combination of Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Basic Black; ordinarily Nature Walk is a stamp set I think of more in browns than black, but I think it really fit in with the First Edition Designer Series Paper.

The First Edition paper was something of a surprise; I knew it was going to be a little thinner and lighter than Stampin' Up!'s standard Designer Series Paper (DSP) - the description in the Occasions Mini said it was like old book pages. It is printed on both sides, but both sides are the same - but here is the exciting thing: you get 24 sheets instead of 12. What an AMAZING deal! I really love it. And one of the sheet designs (you get four of each, instead of the usual two) features images from the Puns from the Past stamp sets. How cool is that!

As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I had to create my very own One Sheet Wonder template. Mine is unique in that it allows for a handmade box as well as six cards, and it allows for a directionality in the printed paper' like the First Edition paper. You want all your text right side up - but mine is the only template I've seen that allows for this. And the card designs are pretty cute if I do say so myself! :) Stay tuned and I'll start posting the cards tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...