Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 12, 2011: Clever Hot Air Balloon

Pin It Now! Isn't this just the most clever card? I love seeing good ideas! This card was designed and created by a fellow SU demo, Linda Hanson, for our swap. I'm only guessing at some of the supplies she used, but here goes. :)

Her base card is Whisper White, and the Designer Series Paper is Greenhouse Gala. I love how she used three different patterns for the landscape! SOO CASEing that idea. :) The cuts are super smooth, so I am guessing Linda used Stampin' Up!'s Hobby Blade and Glass Mat.

The sentiment is from Word Play (one of my favorites from the set, too!), and is punched with the Decorative Label Punch. I think the ink is Baja Breeze, which is lightly sponged on the background as well as the punched edges of the sentiment. I love how Linda dotted the "i" in Imagine with a glittery Basic Rhinestone!

I suspect the hot air balloon is the largest petal from the Blossoms Petal Punch, with the scallops cut off. What a killer idea! It took me a while to find it, but the envelope is from Beary Best Times and is watercolored beautifully. :) It's suspended with Linen Thread - it's great stuff, very thin and soft.

What a great card with such good ideas! I can see this as a fun class card, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...