Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24, 2011: Card by Jan Smith

Pin It Now!
I got this amazing card in a swap, made by a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Jan Smith. I love it! Let's see if I can figure out what she used. :) I wish you could see it in person - it's so soft and pretty.

I know the stamp set is Four Frames, and the green DSP is Paisley Petals. Both were available either at a discount or free as a sneak peek promotion last month, but never fear - they will be back July 1st in the new big catalog!

The brown cardstock base is Early Espresso, which pairs beautifully with the Old Olive in the sponging and the DSP. I think it's also an Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker for the leaves in the stamped image, and Perfect Plum roses. The sponging is so rich I almost didn't realize the card itself is Whisper White!

The punching is from the Scallop Trim Border Punch and the coordinating Scallop Trim Corner Punch. The sentiment "For You" is my most used stamp from Great Friend. Look how perfectly it fits in the stamp from the Four Frame set! All four of the stamps (there would be four, of course, given the name!) make images perfect for the Decorative Label Punch, used here.

After assembling the card Jan ran the whole thing through the Big Shot using the Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die. it's an amazing crowing detail on an amazing card. Thanks, Jan!

Elin K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...