Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 11, 2011: Nautical Mini Album

Pin It Now! Isn't this adorable? This is the mini album we made last month at my Nautical Scrapbooking Class. It came out so cute and everyone was thrilled with it.

I used a template I found on SplitcoastStampers for the base, which is Cherry Cobbler Textured Cardstock. I also used the Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper to decorate the front flap and the belly band. For the center Medallion I started with the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch in Whisper White, punching it once. Then I used a Post-It as a handle and turned it a bit before punching a second time to make this fun shape. I love how versatile punches are!

I matted my new shape with a 1 3/4" Circle Punchie in Cherry Cobbler, a Dimensional, and a 1 1/2" Die Cut in Not Quite Navy from the Circles #2 Die. Whisper White punched with the new Postage Stamp Punch and stamped in Basic Gray with the compass from The Open Sea finishes off the belly band.

The flaps are Whisper White, Not Quite Navy and Basic Gray matted with Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White. I stamped the center Whisper White panel with Sail Away in Basic Gray, and decorated the outside flaps with Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, a Vintage Finding Safety Pin, and bits of Basic Gray stamped images from The Open Sea punched out with the 3/4" Circle Punch and the Jewelry Tag Punch.

I also decorated a couple of the inside flaps with images stamped in Versamark. They can easily be covered by photos, but I also thought they could be journaled over with the White Signo Gel Pen, which is perfect for journaling on dark colored cardstock.

The collage stamped on the center Whisper White panel is CASED from a card made by another demo - as always, I which I could remember who! If you know, leave it in the comments and I'll edit this post. The ink colors are Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray and Not Quite Navy. the sentiment is from Word Play and is one of my favorites. :)

Oh - and the rounded corners? Stampin' Up! has a 3/16" Corner Rounder, but I wanted a wide sweeping corner, so I improvised! I stuck each corner through the bottom of the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and clipped it. Voila! Instant wide rounded corner. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...