Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011: My First MDS Project

Pin It Now!
I FINALLY got my new My Digital Studio software uploaded on my computer. It took forever because my DVD reader on the computer quit, and the replacement I bought on Ebay never arrived, etc...UGH! Anyway, Replacement #2 arrived so I am back up and running. :)

I couldn't wait to try it out, so I started with the flyer for my June Stampin' Out Breast Cancer class, which is June 25th. $15 for five fun cards - I can't wait! I'm taking signups now, but seating is limited.

Each of the embellishments shown is part of the full version of the software, or the Downloadable Booster Pack if you buy the Express download version of MDS. I wanted colors that would pop on the white, so I chose Always Artichoke Grosgrain Ribbon and the butterfly from Simple Friendship in Rose Red. Simple Friend is retiring from the catalog, but will live on with MDS!

I was pleased at how easy it was to layer the grosgrain ribbon, then the flourish edge, then the fancy brad, then the knot, then the silver brad in the middle. In fact, the whole thing was very easy! I can't wait to try more projects. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...