Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16, 2011: Open House Day

Pin It Now!
It's here!! My first Open House tarts at 2PM today. I'm not quite ready yet, but I will be! See you there. :)

This is another of the cards I made for my Fun Folds class last month. This one is also available on my Etsy shop. :)

I love easel cards. They fold flat (hugely important for mailing purposes), but can stand up on their own for a shelf or desk. What more can you ask from a card?!?! For this one, I wanted to focus on fun, bright summery colors.

My base card is Whisper White, and I used the standard formula for easel cards: fold in half, then fold one end in half again. This always makes a perfect easel! I stamped the flourish from Elements of Style in Regal Rose Classic Ink on Regal Rose cardstock and matted it on the lower front. The butterfly from Strength & Hope (In the Summer Mini Catalog) is also stamped in Regal Rose Classic Ink on a strip of Regal Rose Cardstock to make my "stop" for the card.

The butterfly is a little long for the 2 1/2" Circle Punch - Stampin' Up!'s largest punch. So I put each end of my strip through the bottom of the punch one at a time to clip the ends. Almost like a 3" Circle Punch. :) The stop is mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals for lift.

For my focal image, I used Tempting Turquoise Cardstock and the Clear Scallop Square Bigz Die, and cut a strip off the bottom to make it fit my A2 card. On top, I matted a So Saffron Cardstock square with strips of Regal Rose Cardstock, mounted it on Stampin' Dimensionals and topped the whole thing with Whisper White cut with the Lattice Bigz Die. I LOVE this die! So versatile and beautiful.

My central image is the script from Strength & Hope stamped in Regal Rose Classic Ink on Whisper White, topped with the H from the same set in Soft Suede Classic Ink. I punched it out with the Wide Oval Punch and just barely touched the edge with the Soft Suede Ink Pad and mounted it on a Stampin' Dimensional.

This one has a ton of pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...