Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Srptember 13, 2011: Adorable Button Buddies Cherries

Pin It Now!
This is so cute! This card was made by a fellow demo Mary Skow for a swap I was in. I was thrilled to take home a sample of Mary's lovely work!

As always, I'm only guessing. For this card, I think Mary chose a card base of Daffodil Delight and topped it on the bottom with the Real Red Polka Dot paper from the Brights Collection in the Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack. On the top she added a Whisper White panel embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I love how the 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon in Daffodil Delight not only disguises the seam, but adds a design element to the card front. Double duty!

For Mary's focal image, she chose to use a scalloped square of Real Red cut with the Scallop Squares Duo Die and the Big Shot. And here is where she got really clever - she clipped all the way around a square of Whisper White Cardstock with the Postage Stamp Punch! (!!!...!!!) Soooo clever. I can't wait to try that one out!

The stamps are two of my favorite new ones that I haven't ordered yet; the cherriesare Button Buddies and the sentiment is Petite Pairs. Just a touch of Dazzling Details really sets off the cherries and leaf. (New in the Holiday Mini!) The fun thing about Button Buddies is it pairs with all of the Designer Buttons. How cool is that? Thank you, Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...