Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 16, 2011: Stickhorse Card

Pin It Now!
Some of my best memories as a child were surrounded by horses - I was fortunate enough to grow up on a working horse ranch. But Mom had this very odd prohibition against bringing the horses into the house; I never could understand it. But, she welcomed in the stickhorse! I spent a fair but of time careening around the house practicing my flying lead changes and sliding stops - as well as breaking a few random items. I was a rather klutzy child. :)

Anyway, I really liked this card that we made at Sharon Skelton's stamp camp in Spokane - and what a clever use of the Stocking Builder Punch from the Holiday Mini Catalog!

For this card we used a base of Cherry Cobbler, and the top is Whisper White. We laid on zigzag "rickrack" of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock cut with the Tasteful Trims Bigz Die and stamp on the sentiment from the Hostess Set Happiest Birthday Wishes in Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink before embossing the whole thing with the Lattice Square Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. And the Big Shot, of course. Did I remember to tell you that you can get it FREE this month for signing up to be a demonstrator? It's true!!

The stickhorse is the Stocking Builder Punch using Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper, and the stick is Crumb Cake. We added a bridle of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine with a Mini Jingle Bell.

I was on the fence about this punch - I mean, can you only use it once a year? But I have been SOOO impressed with all the different options people are coming up with, from flowers to baby booties. Adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...