Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012: Family Swag & Sneaky Peek

Pin It Now! This was virtually impossible to photograph, but it actually had a lot of dimension in person. My coworker was looking for a paper mache swag that said "family" to put over her poster board of family photos at work. Since she couldn't seem to find one, I thought a paper one would be a great gift. :)

I took a ribbon swag line drawing from Microsoft Word, and traced it onto some retired Designer Series Paper (I think this is the oldest stuff I have - Raspberry Tart from 3 - 4 years ago). I shaded in what would have been the folds of the ribbon with Regal Rose ink, and cut scraps of the other side of the DSP to mimic what would have been the other side of the ribbon peeking through. Cool, huh?

I mounted my DSP on some cardboard that came with an old calendar (recycling!) for stability. The hanger is Pink Pirouette 1/8" Grosgrain ribbon (replaced with Pretty in Pink in the big catalog) and Pink Pirouette 1 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon from the Clearance Rack. It's easy to make this kind of hanger - just push a thumbtack through the hanging ribbon, and put several glue dots on it to hold the bow. That way you have a fixed hanger and your recipient just has to thumbtack it in - no hardware or tools required!

For the word Family, I cut the letters from Regal Rose using the Timeless Type Alphabet Die Set, and mounted them on 1 3/8" Circle Punchies of the DSP. The flowers are the NEW flower punch from the Spring Occasions Mini! I am SO excited about this one! Perfect for this bright fun project (it WAS bright in person, anyway). :)

So there you have it - another Spring Occasions Mini Sneaky Peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...