Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012: Clean & Simple

Pin It Now!
I've had this card in my hear for a while, and when I saw the call on Splitcoast Stampers for a Clean & Simple Design Team, I thought this is it! So I got it out of my head and made it a reality. :) With all the amazing submissions and a four round elimination system I really don't think I have much of a chance of being chosen for one of the three spots, but I thought it would be a lot of fun to try. :)

For round one we had a two part challenge - it had to be an encouraging card with a natural theme. What better than Field Flowers? You really can't get much more natural than that! I love the Concord Crush/Pear Pizzazz/Wisteria Wonder color combo on the Natural White Cardstock background. It's dramatic while still being elegant. Love it.

It's really interesting to see what everyone's interpretation of Clean & Simple (also known as CAS) is. For me, I always think of a lot of negative space, high contrast, simple lines and modern themes. Others seem to disagree. :) I'm finding it quite fascinating!

Overall, a pretty card. I'll let you how I do. Stay tuned for round two. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...