Friday, July 6, 2012

July 6, 2012: Father's Day Card

Pin It Now!
I wanted to share the card I made my Daddy for Father's Day. :)  As many of you know, he is a private pilot.  When I was in college, he would come in his shared mustard and white Piper Commanche to fly me home on weekends.  I ADORED that plane - absolute vintage elegance.  I truly think she was the prettiest plane I've ever had the privilege to fly in...she always made me feel like Rita Hayworth or Audrey Hepburn.  Broke my heart when she was sold.  :(

Anyway, I was fortunate to find this stamp (non-SU) with the same markings as the Commanche, and with a touch of More Mustard she really looks like the original!

I used a band of Pacific Point to accent my Whisper White card base, and the center is an Apothecary Accent Framelit diecut sponged with Marina Mist.  I also used a Bitty Banners Framelit with Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Dad has always wanted to drag banners.  :)

This was so much fun to make, and I think Dad really loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...