Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012: Back from Vacation :)

Pin It Now!
I've had a lovely vacation and now I'm baaaaaccccckkkkk!!!  :D

This was the final tag at my Tags Class last month, and I saved it for last since it's my favorite. 

I used the Postage Due stamp set, which is one of my favorite new ones in the Annual Catalog.  I did notice when I bought it, however, that the large collage image is horizontal - certainly intended for landscape cards.  No matter - I also got the Travel Journal Wheel which is the exact same script as the background of the collage stamp.  This extends the collage stamp on the top and bottom, which is perfect for this tag.  :)

To make the top I used my little trick of making 1/8" hole in a scrap of Soft Suede and punching that out with the 1/2" Hole Punch.  Makes a perfect tag ring every time.  TIP: Always punch the smaller hole first!  :)

Postage Due is stamped in Crumb Cake on my Very Vanilla tag, and I nipped off the corners with the 1" Square Punch - I find this easier than scissors.  I stamped a second time on a scrap of Very Vanilla with Marina Mist and cut out the flower to add on top.  It just ads color and a tiny bit of dimension.

For embellishments I kept it simple with a butterfly from Papillon Potpourri in Marina Mist (love the coordinating Butterfly Punch!) and a stamp from Postage Due in Soft Suede (with another coordinating punch!).  I've been looking for an excuse to use my Lovely Little Labels and matching Punch Pack, so my tiny Marina Mist Postage Stamp is a perfect little touch.

When I was done, it looked a little unfinished so I added a sliver of Soft Suede cut with the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  Love it!

  

2 comments:

  1. Very nice tag! The stamp set worked great for this. I'm going to have to make it to one of your classes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...