Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012: Tags Class

Pin It Now!
I really enjoyed designing the tags for my Tags Class last month!  This was one of my favorites.

As a demo, I get a Stampin' Success magazine every month.  It's one of my favorite things about being a demo!  Every month I cut all my favorite pictures as well as the date from the front, and paste them on a sheet of 12x12" Basic Black Cardstock, which then goes in a scrapbook album.  That way I always have instant inspiration at my fingertips!

This tag was CASEd from one of the cards in the February 2011 Stampin' Success.  The original card used textured Soft Suede Cardstock and embossed it with the Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  So pretty!  But I didn't have any textured cardstock on hand so I updated the look by using the new Compositions Specialty Designer Series Paper in woodgrain, die cut with the new Oval Accents Bigz Die in Clear.  This DSP already has the heat embossing done for you, so it was a simple matter of sponging on Soft Suede Classic Ink and wiping off the excess to make this gorgeous background.

The flower is First Edition Designer Series Paper and Perfect Plum Cardstock, die cut with the Fun Flowers Die and the Big Shot.  I worked the paper in my hands until it was almost ready to fall apart and had the consistency of soft fabric, then I bunched the DSP flower in the middle before adding my Antique Brad so the Perfect Plum would show.  I used the Crop-a-Dile to make an 1/8" hole in a scrap of Soft Suede Cardstock, then punched that out with the 1/2" Circle Punch to make an accent for my tag, and ran Perfect Plum Taffeta through it for a handle.

I finished my tag with a Scalloped Oval Punchie in Very Vanilla which I stamped with a sentiment from one of my favorite new stamp sets called Blooming With Kindness in Perfect Plum Classic Ink, and popped it up on a Stampin' Dimensional.

So pleased at how this came out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...