Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15, 2009: Motorcycle Card

Pin It Now!

This is a picture of the card style that I am "famous" for (okay, it's a very, very small kind of fame). When you open it, it plays the music "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood. It's my own design, which I am quite proud of. :) This particular card won first place at the Kootenai County Fair Birthday Card class.


I use a Music card chip to make the music play, then add motorcycle paper and embellishments to make a one-of-a-kind gift. It's a bit of a pricy card - the supplies alone are around $10 - but I've sold a fair number of them over the last year. (I don't sell a lot of cards - just a few to friends and family - and I only charge supplies. Still, I've sold more of this card than any other!). I've also found that I can tweak them into various styles.
Several people have asked me why I would make a card that plays music, but I guess I figure that if big greeting card companies can do it, why can't I?!?!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...