Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 16, 2009: Wagon Birthday Card

Pin It Now! This is a card I made on commission recently for a child's birthday. I was told to make something simple and pretty without being overly "cutesy." I love vintage looking papers and designs, so I sorted through my stash and came up with this. I didn't have a scallop tool the right size, so I used my 1/2" circle punch to make each of the scallops individually. I adore punches and I have many of them, from fancy flowers to mini file folders, but my 1/2" circle punch gets the most use!

It's hard to see in the photo. but the whole embellishment on the front is popped up 1/8" to add dimension. I also inked the edges of the scallops in gold to make them stand out. The base ovals are cut with the Curvy Cutter, one of my (many!) favorite tools. I have the Curvy Cutter templates for squares and circles, too, but I use the oval one most often. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...