Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August 4, 2010: My Nana

Pin It Now! My Nana was a unique woman, and I really enjoyed this scrapbook page chronicling her life after she passed away a couple years ago. My paternal grandmother, Nana wasn't a relative that I spent a lot of time with due to geographic constraints. I knew big things about her, but few small things. The loved teddy bears and shoes, in that order, and was a master gardener.

I liked this mix of the old and the new, and I think the page came together well. One of my favorite elements can be seen as the center to one of the Prima flowers. I was casting about for a special something to finish the page when I remembered a teddy bear charm my Nana gave me many, many years ago in Alaska. It would be perfect...but could I find it? I fished through an old jewelry box and managed to come up with it. The perfect sentimental piece to finish the page. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...