Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010: Fall Tear Bears

Pin It Now!
As I was gutting out my crafting room and doing some downsizing, I came across this scrapbook layout that I made last fall during a tear bear class at my local scrapbook store. I had totally forgotten about it!

How cute are these guys? I had never made tear bears before, but they were not terrible difficult. I think the secret is the right kind of mulberry paper. I had purchased some paper marketed as mulberry paper in the past to make tear bears, and it was a disaster. Turns out the paper was commercially made mulberry paper, and you really need handmade. the fibers were packed so tight it was like trying to separate concrete! Handmade mulberry paper tears beautifully when wet; the fibers just separate giving that lovely furry edge.

I love how the pumpkins came out. The bears and pumpkins both are just ovals and circles. :) I really liked the title using the long retired Sizzix Shadow Box die. It took me 6 months of haunting Craigslist, but I finally got a set of my own and I love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...