Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 20, 2010: I did it!!

Pin It Now! I know, it's a little crazy, but I signed up to be a Stampin Up Demonstrator. When they advertised their Amazing Sign Up Deal, I couldn't resist. It's like buying a huge box of stamping stuff from your favorite store with a 75% off coupon! I got to choose the stamp sets I wanted, the ink colors, the wheel, everything. How awesome is that? With the current promotion, the starter kit is almost the same price as the purchase price of the four stamp sets you get...then you get a TON of free stuff to go with them! Adhesive (I got Crystal Effects - yay!!)...dimensionals...blender pen...FIVE ink pads....HUGE pack DSP...two packages of cardstock...two markers...reinker...I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Look at that basket of fun and toys!!!! And I got to custom build mine and most of it was practically free!What's the risk, you say? (Fair enough...I asked too!). Zip. I know, amazing deal, right? You pay for the starter kit (well, technically the four stamp sets; then you get free stuff!), and that's it. If you don't make your quarterly minimum, Stampin Up no longer considers you a demonstrator (aka...no more discount or perks). The minimum's are pretty reasonable, too; $300 (and if you are a hobby demo and fill it yourself, it's only 80% of that after your discount). That's like an $80 a month SU order...that's easy enough! And if you group your months and place a minimum $150 order, you get a level one Hostess gift for free. (Be still my heart...more free stuff!). AND your first $150 order within a certain period you get an extra 10% off. I know, right? That's like...you guessed it...MORE FREE STUFF!

Oh, yeah - and I get sneak peeks and pre-order privileges. How cool is THAT???

Okay, okay, only a little excited here.

What does this mean for me and my blog? Actually, not a whole lot. As many of you know, I work full time AND I am a full time Master's student. This does not much time for other things (like sleep) leave. So, for me, full time career Stampin Up is not in the cards. However, SU doesn't mind if I am just a hobby demonstrator. For now, I'm just trying it out. If I sell something, cool beans. If not, I'm OK with that. :) Right now, I just want to enjoy the discount and the perks (ESPECIALLY with Sale-a-Bration coming up...which oh, yes, I get to pre-order from...). If you want to share my fun, SU sweetened the starter kit deal with TWO FREE MONTHS of my own website (and the monthly price after that is not bad at all - under $13). Feel free to check it out; there are some very inspiring projects on there. :)

www.elinselegantdesigns.stampinup.net

If you order, send me your mailing address and I will mail you a custom, one of a kind, handmade thank you card to share in both my excitement and my perks. :) Or you can sign up and get your own perks!

So, you will be seeing some small changes on this blog as I enjoy all my new toys!

Thanks a million for sticking with me as continue to evolve and grow as a crafter (and rave about the all exciting discounts and FREE STUFF!). Yeah, you knew I had to get that in one more time. I'm just so excited!

Elin K.
Stampin Up!'s Newest Demonstrator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...