Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 21, 2010: The First of the Christmas Cards

Pin It Now!
I have been merrily working away, making Christmas Card samples. I LOVE this one! It is 100% Stampin Up; glossy cardstock, Real Red cardstock and Basic Black Cardstock. for tools I used the Elegant Lines embossing folder, The Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch (this is an absolute must have!), the Scallop Oval Punch and the Medium Oval Punch. The stamp set is one of my all time favorites called To You and Yours, although I must admit it is retired. :( However, you could make this card with any sentiment stamp that fits in the oval punch. It doesn't have to be Christmas, either - for example, the "Because I Care" hostess set has two great sentiments that would be beautiful on this card.

To make the bird I punched it out twice in Real Red, then an extra wing in both Basic Black and Real Red (you need a total of four wings; one black and three red). I cut most of the body off one of the tail pieces and layered it behind the front body piece to make a double tail, then put a wing on each side to give the impression of flight. Then I modified the black wing to make the face by layering it on, clipping away the front to show the red beak, and gluing it in place. The final red wing is shortened and glued on the back to make the topknot. A white gel pen makes a great eye. Super cute! And really, it took longer to type out than it did to do. :)

Purchase any of the supplies to make this card from me and I will mail it to you as a sample!

www.elinselegantdesigns.stampinup.net

Oh, and I forgot to mention the OTHER HALF of the amazing deal Stampin Up is offering; the My Digital Studio starter kit is also 50% off. So, not only do you save a bit ($0.45, if my math is right) off the regular purchase price of one of the best digital scrapbooking and cardmaking softwares in the industry, you also get a whole list of items that are basically freebies! Three stamp sets, a clear block, 2 packs of cardstock, 4 ink pads, 2 markers, buttons, ribbon, dimensionals, scrub, mist (stamp cleaner), glue dots, adhesive, etc, etc. VERY worth the price, and like the regular kit there is no commitment to buy or sell after you buy the kit (you just don't make the minimum sales, and you get taken off the demo list. But you still get the 20% discount until then!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...