Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 28, 2010: Christmas Card 2010

Pin It Now! Finally! Got my printer up and running. :)

When I saw this card HERE on Split Coast Stampers, I knew it would be perfect for my Christmas card. On the original, this was actually the inside with a window through the front showing the blue circle. I decided to go sans window and CASE this as the front.

I think I used much the same inks she did, too; Night of Navy sponging, Garden Green trees (I think she used Old Olive), and Cherry Cobbler for the sentiment and the cardstock. It doesn't show in the picture, but I did use glitter on the trees as well. I don't have a Cherry Cobbler pen, so I cheated a bit on the cardinal with a Marvy marker. I couldn't quite get the tip of the ink pad in between the trees.

I also used on of my upline Heather's tricks with a flat square of dark cardstock behind a folded piece of Whisper White. You get the benefit of the colored border without the need to line the card so you can stamp/write on it. Also, Whisper White and Very Vanilla come in larger packages than the colors. :) Love that trick!

Such a pretty card! I mailed them in vellum envelopes so you could see the image from the outside, too. Very special.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this card is GORGEOUS!! Oh, and thank you so much for the idea of the folded white/vanilla on a colored base. What a GREAT idea!!!! tfs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...