Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 29, 2010: Crafty Wrapping Paper

Pin It Now!
I love wrapping things in newsprint! I love the graphic lines, the dramatic coloring, and the interesting contrasts. Ordinarily, I wrap presents in the Wall Street Journal since it has a lot of small text but not a lot of pictures and ads.

This package was a departure from my usual style, I admit. I used the cable guide section of the local paper because it had these great red lines through the text (and I also thought it was appropriate for a box filled with vintage video games!) The red worked perfectly with my SU wide striped grosgrain ribbon. This one is the retired Riding Hood Red, but it is very similar to Real Red, which is still available.

I used scalloped circles cut from additional newsprint fashioned into cones for the ruffle-ey "bow" at the top. Love it!

Another thing I love? SU's ribbons are really high quality, yet all are less than $1 a yard - even this wide grosgrain. What a great value!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...