Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011: Christmas Mini Cards

Pin It Now!
Everyone needs token gifts at Christmas - those little reminders that you thought of someone, perfect for casual acquaintances, coworkers, your local barista, etc. I make dozens of 3" x 3" cards each Christmas, and this is my design for this year. Each year is different; sometimes I go for a multi-layer design, sometimes glitter, windows, diecuts, who knows. The only criteria is they must be cute and lend themselves to mass production (it usually takes about 3 hours of stamping to make all the cards I need). This year I opted for a CAS (Clean and Simple) design.

I purchased this stamp after last Christmas for 75% off with the intention of using it this year, so I stuck with my plan even though it isn't a SU stamp. I did use SU's retired You and Yours in Night of Navy for the sentiment, and Whisper White for the cardstock.

A note on 3" x 3" cards; they won't go through the mail in a 3x3 envelope (SU makes lovely 3x3 envies in Whisper White, although the post office won't take anything that small), but they are perfect to leave on desks, doorhandles and windshields for almost any occasion. I usually make my Valentines and Secretary's Day cards in 3 x 3, too. It's just such a nice little token gift size. I also think that it adheres to cuteoverload.com's rule of cuteness; what is small is cute. It's hard to go wrong with 3 x 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...