Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 22, 2011: Baby Boy Shadow Box

Pin It Now!
I saw some amazing picture frame ideas on a blog called My Crafty World that I totally knew I had to CASE. I think I'm in love! I bought a bunch of frames (50% off at my local craft store, plus a 25% coupon off that, of course) and really went to town.

This one was made on commission for a brand new baby boy. I chose to use So Saffron and Baja Breeze with pops of Pumpkin Pie because it's a combo I saw recently and liked, but have never tried.

The stamp set is one I got free for SAB called Forest Friends...so super cute. You may recognize the sentiments...I still had them on my craft table from Kathy's card last week, so I figured they were fair game! The ink is Soft Suede.

I used some retired scraps I've been trying to use up, like my So Saffron striped grosgrain ribbon matted on top of some retired Tangerine Tango ribbon. Pumpkin Pie would have been better, of course, but I used what I had on hand...and I figure it's "close enough for cocktails." :D I just love the Pumpkin Pie corduroy button, which is also retired.

I just love how this came out...and trust me, I'll be sharing a lot more of them as time goes on!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I love that stamp set! Like the colors also.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...