Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29, 2011: Cute and Catchy Thanks

Pin It Now!
I just love this cheerful card created for the demo-only swap I participated in! The name of the demo who made the card is handwritten on the back and I *think* it says Tina. I hope I have that right! Let's see what she used.

The base is Marina Mist - my favorite blue. Ordinarily, I'm not a blue person (says the girl who lives in blue jeans and drives a baby blue bug!) but Marina Mist is truly amazing. It's the most flexible color I have; it can go masculine, feminine, kiddo, sympathy, etc, etc, etc - the list is endless! A recent Stampin' Success (Stampin' Up!'s demo only magazine - a WONDERFUL resource!) described Marina Mist as an agile color, and I think that is really the best description.
Link
Matted on top is Pacific Point topped with punched circles in Old Olive, Marina Mist and So Saffron. I thought the mix of circle sizes was great, so I measured them. :) She used the 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch and 1 3/4" Circle Punch. However, don't forget about the Circles #2 Die - with four circles per pass, this would be an easy way to make this idea a little larger for a scrapbook page!

After adhering the circles to the background, she ran the whole thing through the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die using the Big Shot. I love the technique - it's called Inlaid Embossing and gives an amazing, rich texture.

Finally, the sentiment is from For Everything stamped in Early Espresso ink on Whisper White matted on Early Espresso cardstock. She used Stampin' Write markers to color in the sentiment in the same colors as the cardstock circles: Old Olive, Marina Mist and So Saffron.

I live cards like this - they're so cheerful and could be used for any occasion. :)


Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...