Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011: Hello Blossoms Mini Purses

Pin It Now!
I love, love, love paper purses! This is a folded one following the same pattern I used on THIS one, except I scaled it down to use a 6x6 sheet of Designer Series Paper. The finished size is perfect for a Reese Peanut Butter Egg (I made these at Easter this year).

The DSP is the free Hostess Level 1 In-Color Pack - I love free! It's my favorite price. :) I chose to use the Pear Pizzazz and Concord Crush In Colors for these mini purses, and I'm really happy at how they turned out. Definitely my two favorite current In-Colors. I can't wait to start using the new In-Color, Wisteria Wonder with the Concord Crush! I really like that In-Colors are staying for two years now, don't you? Also, I love that the In Colors DSP is different patterns than the other color family DSP. Click to see the Regals, Subtles, Neutrals and Brights. More crafting options!

At any rate, I made these slightly different. For the Concord Crush Mini Purse, I topped each edge with Concord Crush Cardstock, added Stitched Poly Twill Ribbon in Concord Crush and added a closure using the Round Tab Punch. So cute!

For the Pear Pizzazz model, I added a simple bow tied from Poly Twill Stitched Ribbon held in place with a Glue Dot, and added a closure made from the new Postage Stamp Punch and Whisper White Cardstock.

Both purses have front Whisper White panels stamped with the new Hello Blossoms a la Carte stamp in the current Summer Mini Catalog. For one, I just stamped it in Perfect Plum ink on Whisper White. For the other one I got fancy and used Stampin' Write Markers in Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette and Pumpkin Pie very lightly to color the stamp to get different colored flowers. So sweet and pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...