Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 19, 2011: Happy Father's Day!

Pin It Now!

Happy Father's Day to all the Daddieos out there. but most especially to my favorite one! Love you. :)

This week I'm going to share all the Father's Day cards I made this year. Some were made for specific people, some as extras to be sold, and some for Jeff's dad as well as my own. This one is an extra. :)

I intended this for last week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge, but never got it uploaded - AGAIN. Oops! Still, I liked the way it came out. I always like to double challenge myself, so I decided to use colors that I don't ordinarily use, hence the palette. My Color Coach said it was OK!

The base card is Crumb Cake, and I topped it with Baja Breeze, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. When I first started out with Stampin' Up!, I wanted samples of each cardstock color. A cool, inexpensive way of doing that is buying a family of each color - Regals, Neutrals, Subtles, and Brights - as a mixed cardstock pack. Then you get two sheets of each color. As I worked with the packs, I would purchase a whole pack of whatever ran out. That way, I knew that the full packs I was buying were colors I really loved and loved to create with. Both sheets of More Mustard and Cajun Craze were still in the pack (and so is River Rock, if you are curious). :)

For the background design elements I wrapped Linen Thread three times around the Very Vanilla panel, and tucked triangles from the Postage Stamp Punch in Crumb Cake under the edge. I handcut the tails, but what a perfect use for the banner strip from the Petal Cone Die!

The top circle is the 2 1/2" Circle Punch, matted with two sizes cut using the Circle Scissor Plus. I really wanted to get a few more uses out of this stamp, Extreme Dirt Bike, before it retires at the end of this month. :( I used Chocolate Chip Ink.

Overall, More Mustard and Cajun Craze are not necessarily my favorite colors, but I was happy with how it came together. I'll have to use them more often! Without the Color Coach, I would have never even tried it, but I'm so happy I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...