Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011: Pretty Buckle Card on Etsy

Pin It Now! This is another of the cards I made for my class last month - and I had a few extra, so I listed them for sale in my Etsy shop. :)

I like buckle cards, although I avoided them like the plague until I got my Word Window Punch. It's so versatile, and amazing for applications like this! Lots of mechanical cards use the Word Window Punch, so it always gets a lot of use.

The base card is Pink Pirouette, and although it's hard to see I stamped the flourish from Strength & Hope (from the Summer Mini Catalog) in Pink Pirouette Classic Ink right on the buckle. Behind the buckle is a scrap of now-retired Presto Patterns paper sponged with Garden Green Classic Ink using a Sponge Dauber. I'm really sorry to see that paper go - I sold so many packs of it! (And I may have squirreled away a pack...or two...you know me!)

My focal image is Whisper White stamped in Versamark Ink using the now-retired hydrangea from Because I Care. I love this set - definitely my favorite hostess set to date (which is saying something, because I believe I said the same thing about Wings of LinkFriendship last year!).

To make the hydrangea pop, I "pounced" Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette and Perfect Plum Chalk Stampin' Pastels onto the wet Versamark with a combination of Q-Tips and cotton balls. The focal image is matted on Perfect Plum Cardstock.

I couldn't decide what sentiment to go with, so I made a sample of each and let everyone choose either Life is a Matter of Moments from Elements of Style or Because I Care from the now-retired hostess set. Everyone chose Because I Care, which I thought was interesting. :) Sometimes I can't choose, but everyone else can! The sentiments are stamped in Perfect Plum Ink.

To finish off the card I stamped the butterfly from Strength & Hope in Garden Green Classic Ink on Garden Green Cardstock and cut it out. I bent it in the middle and added a Stampin' Dimensional under each wing for lift, and added a couple antennas (antennai??) with a Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker.

Such a pretty card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...