Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 30, 2011: Wedding Album Pages 18 & 19

Pin It Now!
I've really been enjoying sharing this wedding album with you! This is pages 18 & 19, the last full layout. Tomorrow I'll share the last page. :)

I really liked this one. I usually put at least one "scatter page" in each of my albums. I put a ton of effort into the background and make it really beautiful, but I don't add any photo mats. That way the bride can scatter on small photos, or her invitation, or a napkin, or whatever scraps she may want to remember and cherish.

For this one, I tore down strips of three different patterns from the now-retired Elegant Soiree DSP and inked the edges with a Soft Suede Ink Pad and a Sponge Dauber, and layered them on Very Vanilla.

For the first page, I added a double layer butterfly from yet a fourth pattern of DSP and Very Vanilla using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die and the Big Shot. I LOVE this die! So versatile. I also used a strip of Basic Pearls for the body of the butterfly. Wait...what did you say? The Basic Pearls don't come in brown? Did I use contraband?!?!? No...Basic Pearls may not come in brown...but Sharpies do! Now you can have any color of pearls. :) I also stamped the flourish from Always Elegant in Soft Suede up the side. I'd like to say I totally got my money's worth from Always Elegant because I've used it so many times on this project and others, but I earned it free from Stampin' Up! for Sale-a-Bration this year. :)

For the second page I stamped on the amazing now-retired Hydrangea from Because I Care in Soft Suede, then added a near microscopic Basic Pearl at the center of each flower. I love how much depth such tiny touches add. Here is a tip: I used to struggle with my tiny pearls and rhinestones. No more! Just pinch them with the very tips of your Paper Snips and use them like tongs to transfer the embellishment to your project. Easy peasy!

I finished off the page with a strip of Crumb Cake Seam Binding and another butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies Die, with more Sharpied Basic Pearls, and a sentiment from Elements of Style on Very Vanilla in Soft Suede punched out with the Wide Oval Punch.

Last layout - one more page to go! Then I can share my most recent wedding album...and my last class projects...and my open house favors...and.............. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...