Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8, 2011: Shadow Box

Pin It Now!
This 8x8 shadow box was the door prize I made for my June Class. I think it turned out really well and I was very pleased with it! I used scraps and leftovers from my last wedding album.

The shadow box itself is an inexpensive one from my local craft store - I love the little rope detail on the front. I often do shadowboxes in the 8x8 size - they are just plain fun. I usually purchase either an 8 x 8 or a 10x10 shadow box - the 10x10 gives a "floating" effect.

For my page (and the wedding album!) I chose the now retired Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper, and used Crumb Cake and Baja Breeze cardstock. The seam binding ribbon is also Baja Breeze.

The carnations are made using the 2 3/8" and the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punches, crumpled up and held in the middle with a Brad. The roses are cut with the Fun Flowers XL Bigz Die and hand formed.

Shadow boxes are great since you can really go to town on embellishments - you are not limited to what can fit in a page protector!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...