Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 7, 2011: Fluttering Butterfly Tri-Shutter Card FOR SALE :)

Pin It Now! This was one of my favorite cards from my June Fun Folds Card Class. For this class, I wanted to focus on Stampin' Up!'s Strength & Hope stamp set from the Summer Mini - Stampin' Up! is donating $2 for each set they sell to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. I think all of us have been touched in some way by this terrible disease, so I wanted to be a part of the effort and buy a set. Each of the five cards I designed used this set.

For my Tri-Shutter card, I chose textured 12x12 Very Vanilla cardstock and cut it with the cutting blade on my Paper Cutter. A slide cutter is very important for cards like this - I'm sure you could use a Tabletop Paper Cutter....but I'm not that talented! Each cut is just the middle - it doesn't go from end to end. :)

I decorated the front with Soft Suede cut with the Scallop Circle Bigz Die, and trimmed off a few scallops to make it fit my standard sized card. I topped this with an oversize Regal Rose butterfly cut with Stampin' Up!'s exclusive Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, stamped with the roses from Elements of Style in Soft Suede and embellished with Basic Pearls. I also put Stampin Dimensionals on the outside wings to give it a bit of a "V" shape.

For the sentiment I stamped the scrolly frame from Four Frames in Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla smooth cardstock, and stamped the Thinking of You from the now retired Silhouette Sentiments Hostess Level 1 set in Regal Rose ink. It's punched out with the coordinating Decorative Label Punch and popped up on a Stampin' Dimensional.

Inside, I stamped the beautiful scrolly design from Strength & Hope in Soft Suede, and added a Regal Rose butterfly. I used the 2 Way Glue Pen to just glue along the seam so the butterfly flutters when you open the card. How cool is that????

For my sentiment I clipped the corners of a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with the Ticket Corner Punch, and sponged it with Soft Suede Ink using a Sponge Dauber. I matted this on Regal Rose Cardstock.

At my class, everyone was thrilled with this card - and it was actually fairly easy to do! If you like this card, check out my Etsy shop HERE - it's for sale. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...