Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6, 2011: Flower Topped Paperclips

Pin It Now!
This is one of the favors I gave out at my last class. :) I try to do a handmade favor for everyone - just a little something to say "thanks for coming." Not everyone can win the door prize, s it's nice that everyone has something they can take home. I think this is one of my favorites to date. :)

I make a lot of these little paperclip toppers, and they are so simple to do! I get my paperclips from an online bulk buy group, but you can also get them at large office supply stores. Just look for the 4" jumbo ones.

For this one, I took vellum and stamped it in Regal Rose Classic Ink with Always Elegant, which I am SO thankful did not retire! It was my first free set at this past Sale-A-Bration, and I'm so glad I got it. It's super versatile!

From the center of each stamp I punched a 1 3/4" Scallop- Circle Punch - eight of them for each paperclip - then scrunched them up. After layering them together I punched through the middle with the 1/16" Handheld Punch. You could also use the Paper Piercer and the Mat Pack, which has a much longer "reach" and use larger scallops.

I held the scallops together with a Filigree Designer Brad and attached it to the paperclip with Mini Glue Dots. My bulk buy paperclips have a flat plate on them, but if you get yours from the office supply you will need to add a cardstock circle to the back to cover the glue dots - a 1" Circle Punch should work fine. Or, in the past I have attached a 2 3/8" Scallop Circle in contrasting cardstock to add to the overall look. The sky is the limit with these!

Take a peek at my blog sidebar - I refilled my Etsy shop!! I'm super excited. Several of the cards haven't even hit my blog yet. :)

I'm having some difficulty with the non-SU supplies for the shadow box class - I think I'm going to have to change projects. I'll hold the shadow box class for another month. :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...