Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26, 2011: Doreen's Swap Card

Pin It Now!

My friend and fellow demo Doreen created this card for the dem0-only swap I was in - another one that went straight to my display board! I think she placed second in votes, too - it's such a bright cheerful card showing off all the new In-Colors.

For this one, Doreen used a base of Whisper White and topped it with a wide strip of Lucky Limeade and a narrower strip of Island Indigo. After adhering them together, she ran the whole thing through Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

For her focal image, she used a rectangle of Basic Black (that's what adds the drama and pop!) and topped it with six squares of Whisper White punched out with the Postage Stamp Punch. To five of the squares she added flowers punched with the Triple Layer Blossom Bouquet Punch in Pool Party, Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral, each on a Stampin' Dimensional. I forgot to ask her what punch she used for the flower centers, but I am guessing it is the medium sized eye from the Owl Punch in Basic Black. :)

For the final square she added this sentiment from Pretty Postage, which debuted in the Summer Mini Catalog and carried over to the Big Catalog. I'm so happy - I think I'll try to get it free for Sale-a-Bration next spring. :) The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black with the center one stamped again on Whisper White in Island Indigo and popped up on a Stampin' Dimensional.

Thank you - love it, Doreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...