Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 25, 2011: My Swap Card

Pin It Now!
Since I shared my upline, Heather's card yesterday, I thought I would share mine today. I didn't get very many votes, but I really love this card. :)

I used a base of the current In-Color Concord Crush, and I heat embossed Hello Doily in Versamark and White Stampin' Emboss Powder on top. White embossing on dark cardstock is such a wow! I topped my doily with a Modern Label Punchie of Pink Pirouette stamped with the Established in 1873 from Established Elegance in Concord Crush and added a Basic Rhinestone.

For my focal image, I stamped the typwriter from Established Elegance in Basic Black Classic Ink on Pink Pirouette and clipped the corners with the edge of the Decorative Label Punch. I took a craft knife and cut a slit between the rollers of the typewriter to slip in my note, which is Whisper White stamped with Thanks from Kindness Matters in Concord Crush. I curled it with my Bone Folder before sliding it in the rollers. I added a scrap of ruched Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding to the edge - I love that look! The whole think is mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals before being attached to the card.

Not a winner, but I still love what I made. :) I'm competitive enough to keep trying - I just can't quite seem to figure out the right combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...